The following terms and conditions apply to all services provided by Britannia Minicabs Ltd with the following details:
2.2.1. In respect of Cash Services, payment shall be made in cash to the Driver.
2.2.2. For the avoidance of any doubt the Customer shall not be charged VAT in relation to the payment for any Cash Services.
2.2.3. The company reserves the right to accept Cash Services (payment) at its own discretion, as this is no longer an accepted standard payment method. Cash Services can only be booked with the assistance of an operator, via phone or email.
2.3.1. The price provided to the Customer at the time of making the Booking shall be based on the journey specified by the Customer at the time of Booking (the “Original Journey”). The price quoted by the Company shall be based upon the Company’s chosen route between the Collection Address and the Customer’s destination (via any other pick -up points or drop-off points stated by the Customer at the time of making the Booking). Should the Customer wish to take a specific route (which is different to that taken by the Company) the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer an additional charge in relation to that Booking.
2.3.2. The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for any additional costs which may be incurred by the Company as a result of any variation or deviation from the Original Journey specified at the time of Booking, as detailed below.
2.3.3. The Company shall be entitled to vary the Price List from time to time by giving not less than 5 Business Days written notice to the Customer.
2.3.4. If a Booking is cancelled by the Customer on or after arrival of the Passenger Vehicle at the Collection Address within London, a Cancellation Fee shall be charged. If a Booking is cancelled by a Customer after the Passenger Vehicle has departed to fulfil the Booking (but prior to its arrival at the Collection Address in London) the Company shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, to charge a Cancellation Fee.
2.3.5. The Customer and Passenger(s) and any luggage or personal items shall be ready for collection at the time stipulated by the Customer when the Booking is made. The Company will allow a maximum of 15 minutes free waiting or loading time when picking up Passenger(s) from a regular address. In the event that all booked Passenger(s) have not boarded the Passenger Vehicle within 15 minutes of the stipulated time, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Fee (See Price List) proportionate to the delay in departure from the Collection Address, which will, for the avoidance of doubt, include the first 15 minutes. After the free 15 minutes of waiting time pass, if contact cannot be made with the Customer, the booking will be automatically considered cancelled due to “no show” policy.
2.3.6. In relation to collection of the Customer and any Passenger(s) from a London airport (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, London City or Southend) or major port/cruise terminal (Southampton, Portsmouth, Dover, Harwich, Tilbury), the Company will allow a maximum of 30 minutes free waiting time and parking starting from the scheduled pick-up time* (for airports pick-ups, scheduled time is worked out by adding the chosen time frame (M&G period) after the last known estimated arrival time of an inbound international flight). The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Fee proportionate to the delay in departure, which shall not include the first 30 minutes, but only the period waited after this initial time frame. For the purposes of this clause the “last known estimated arrival time” will either be (a) if the Customer provides a flight number at the time of making the Booking, the Company will monitor the relevant flight and alter the collection time accordingly; or (b) if the Customer does not provide a flight number, the time which has been specified by the Customer. After the free 30 minutes of waiting time pass, if contact cannot be made with the Customer, the booking will be automatically considered cancelled due to “no show” policy.
2.3.7. In relation to collection of the Customer and any Passenger(s) from a London train station, the Company will allow a maximum of 15 minutes free waiting time from the scheduled pick-up time. The “meet & greet” service is not offered as standard and is optional (See Price List). In the event that all booked Passenger(s) have not boarded the Passenger Vehicle within 15 minutes of the stipulated time, the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a Waiting Time Fee (See Price List) proportionate to the delay in departure from the Collection Address, which will, for the avoidance of doubt, include the first 15 minutes. After the free 15 minutes of waiting time pass, if contact cannot be made with the Customer, the booking will be automatically considered cancelled due to “no show”.
2.3.8. All parking fees will be chargeable to the Customer for collections from airports, ports, international and domestic train terminals or any regular address which requires paid parking. Car parking fees are set out in our Price List.
2.3.9. In the event that the Customer requires the Company at the beginning and/or during the course of the Original Journey to make any alterative pick-up(s) or collection(s) of Passenger(s) during the course of the Original Journey or to drop off Passengers at any locations other than as specified in the Original Journey or to take any variation from the Original Journey as specified at the time of Booking, additional charges may be applied by the Company, as detailed in the Price List. The Company reserves the right to decline carriage to any Passenger who do not agree to the price being recalculated to new specifications.
2.3.10. In the event that the Customer requires more than four (4) passengers to travel in a Passenger Vehicle additional charges may be levied by the Company (as detailed in the Price List) for the provision of a larger Passenger Vehicle or the carriage of additional Passengers in excess of four.
2.3.11. The Company shall be entitled to exercise a lien over any property belonging to the Customer in its possession pending payment of any Charges due to the Company.
2.3.12. The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a surcharge for all journeys made during the Christmas Period and Public Holidays, such surcharge as detailed in the Price List.
2.3.13. The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer a fee for the following extras: baby seat and extra luggage (as detailed in the Price List).
2.3.14. The Company reserves the right to decline carriage to any Passenger(s) who’s booking details at the time of pick-up do not match those of the Original Journey (ex. Customer books Original Journey for 2 passengers and 2 pieces of luggage and at pick-up he boards Passenger Vehicle with 4 pieces of luggage).
2.4.1. The Company may, in its absolute discretion, decline to accept any Booking.
2.4.2. The Company shall use reasonable endeavours to provide a Passenger Vehicle in good working order of the type specified by the Customer (or, in the event that such a vehicle is not available, a reasonable alternative vehicle) within any time for so doing given by the Company or within a reasonable time.
2.4.3. In providing the Passenger Services, a Driver shall choose, at his/her sole discretion, the route from the Collection Address to the Customer’s destination. If a Customer requests that a specific route is taken, any price quoted in respect of such journey may be amended.
2.4.4. Customers must inform the Company at the time of making a booking if the Customer or any Passenger wishes to carry any domestic animals in any Passenger Vehicle. All domestic animals should be carried in a suitable box or cage, if appropriate and/or be suitably restrained. The Company and/or the Driver reserve the right to cancel a booking on arrival if the Company has not been informed of the Customer’s requirement to carry an animal in the Passenger Vehicle. Guide dogs are exempt from this requirement and are permitted to be carried in any Passenger Vehicle.
2.4.5. Passengers are not permitted to smoke in any Passenger Vehicle.
2.4.6. Passengers shall not play any musical instrument or recorded music in any Passenger Vehicle except with the written permission of the Company.
2.4.7. Passengers shall not consume alcohol in any Passenger Vehicle except with the written permission of the Company and the Company reserves the right to decline carriage to any Passenger who, in its opinion, is intoxicated.
2.4.8. The transportation of luggage in a Passenger Vehicle shall be permitted in the absolute discretion of the Company. Passengers shall remain responsible at all times for their personal luggage. The Company may assist the Customer with the loading and unloading of his/her luggage from the Passenger Vehicle, at the Company’s sole discretion.
2.4.9. The Company accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to any luggage which is transported in a Passenger Vehicle. The Customer acknowledges and accepts that any luggage stored in the Passenger Vehicle may move around during the journey and accordingly the Customer (and any Passengers) should take extra care when opening the luggage compartment of the Passenger Vehicle.
2.4.10. Passengers are required to comply with current customs laws and regulations and the Company shall not be responsible for any delays caused by any failure to comply with the same.
2.4.11. All Passengers are required to use seatbelts at all times.
2.4.12. The Company will allow unaccompanied children of 14 years of age or less to travel alone in a Passenger Vehicle at its own discretion. When booking a journey for any child less than 14 years of age the caller must inform the Company that a child will be travelling. The Company does not accept any additional responsibility for any child who travels unaccompanied in a Passenger Vehicle. Please note child seats are not a requirement in Taxi & Private Hire Vehicles, and for this reason we do not enforce or provide these while undertaking a journey with us; you can bring your own seat, but this cannot be stored with the driver.
2.4.13. The Company reserves the right to refuse to transport any Passenger who behaves in a disorderly, threatening or abusive manner or who, in its absolute discretion, the Company considers a nuisance or a danger to its employees, agents, subcontractors or to fellow Passengers. The Company is committed to providing services in accordance with the Equality Act. The Company will do what it reasonably can to assist those who are not capable of boarding and alighting a Passenger Vehicle unaided.
2.4.14. The Company reserves the right to charge reasonable cleaning charges plus three hours loss of earnings for the driver at our normal hourly rate (as detailed in the Price List) in the event of spillages or in the event that any Passenger vomits or otherwise soils or damages a Passenger.
2.4.15. Any dates, periods or times specified by the Company in connection with the performance of the Passenger Services are estimates only and time shall not be of the essence for the performance by the Company of its obligations under the Contract. The Company makes no warranty that the Customer or Customer’s goods or property shall be delivered within the Customer’s stipulated time period (if any) and/or within any time period stated by the Company unless expressly agreed in writing by a director of the Company.
2.4.16. The Company shall not be responsible for any property left by Passengers in any Passenger Vehicle. Such property will be stored by the Company for a period of 14 days and thereafter the Company shall be entitled to return, destroy or otherwise dispose of such property as it, in its absolute discretion, sees fit.
2.4.17. The Passenger shall be responsible for covering the cost of extra charges in the event of a delay being caused by a 3rd party (immigration or luggage claim queues, lost property or delays caused by the airport/airline used).
6. CHARGES AND FEES
- Company based at 224 Lodge Lane, Romford, RM5 2EU
- Company registration number 10618199
- Operator license number 00988001
1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- 1.1. “Account” means a customer account which has been opened by the Company in respect of a particular Customer and is identified by way of an allocated security number (the “Customer Account Number”)
- 1.2. “Account Customer” means any Customer which the Company provides Account Services in respect of a particular Booking and which shall include any representative of the Customer which makes the Booking or uses the Services pursuant to such Booking.
- 1.3. “Account Services” means the Services provided by the Company to an Account Customer, in accordance with clause 4 prior to making any Bookings.
- 1.4. “Booking” means a Customer’s request for Services howsoever communicated to the Company as evidenced by the Company’s records.
- 1.5. “Business Day” means a day (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) which is also a day on which clearing banks in the City of London are open.
- 1.6. “Cancellation Fee” means a fee charged by the Company for the cancellation of the Services by the Customer prior to the booked collection time or after the Passenger Vehicle has departed to fulfil the Booking (whether or not it has arrived at the Collection Address) as detailed in the Price List (such fees will be higher for collection outside of London).
- 1.7. “Cash Customer” means a Customer which chooses to pay for the Services by cash, which is collected by a Driver.
- 1.8. “Cash Services” means Services provided by the Company to the Customer, to be paid for by the Customer to the Driver by way of a cash payment.
- 1.9. “Contract” means a contract for the provision of the Services to the Customer and each such Contract shall incorporate these Terms.
- 1.10. “London” means the areas defined as Zone 1 Zone 2 and Zone 3 in the map of the London Underground as varied from time to time by Transport for London.
- 1.11. “Charges” means the Company’s charges shown in the Price List or other published literature.
- 1.12. “Christmas Period” means between 18:00 hours on 24 December to 18:00 hours on 26 December, in any year.
- 1.13. “New Year’s Period” means between 18:00 hours on 31 December to 18:00 on 1 January, in any year.
- 1.14. “Collection Address” means the address stated by the Customer at the time of making the Booking as the address from which the Vehicle shall collect the Customer, any Passengers or the Goods.
- 1.15. “Company” means either Britannia Minicabs Ltd. or such of its subsidiaries or associated companies, as is the company which provides the Services pursuant to a Contract and which expression shall, where the context allows, include their respective agents and sub-contractors.
- 1.16. “Credit and Debit Card Services” means Services provided by the Company to the Customer, to be paid for by the Customer to the Company by way of a credit or debit card payment.
- 1.17. “Customer” means any person(s), firm or company to whom the Company provides Services.
- 1.18. “Driver” means any person who provides his/her services, for the transportation of Passengers by a Passenger Vehicle, to the Company pursuant to a contract for services.
- 1.19. “Goods” means any goods transported by the Company pursuant to a Contract.
- 1.20. “In Writing” means any written communication including email and SMS.
- 1.21. “Passenger(s)” means the Customer and such persons who the Customer shall authorise and/or permit to make use of the Passenger Services by travelling in a Passenger Vehicle.
- 1.22. “Passenger Vehicle” means any vehicle provided by the Company for the carriage of Passengers.
- 1.23. “Price List” means the list maintained by the Company of its Charges relating to the Services from time to time and a current copy of which can be obtained on request.
- 1.24. “Services” means: (a) the transportation of Passengers by car and (b) the carriage or delivery of Goods by vehicle in the UK or any other services agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer from time to time.
- 1.25. “Terms” means these terms and conditions, as amended from time to time, to which the Passenger(s) agree upon using any of our services.
- 1.26. “Extra Waiting Time Fee” means a fee charged to the Customer by the Company in accordance with clauses 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 2.3.7 or 2.3.8 as detailed in the Price List.
2. PASSENGER SERVICES
2.1. Credit and Debit Card Services
- 2.1.1. When making a Booking for the Credit and Debit Card Services, the Customer must elect to pay the Company for the Services either by way of a credit card or a debit card payment, details of which shall be processed by the Company.
- 2.1.2. In consideration for the performance of the Credit and Debit Card Services, the Customer shall pay the Charges by way of a credit or debit card payment in accordance with clause 2.1.1. Such Charges in relation to the Credit and Debit Card Services shall include a card handling fee (as detailed in the Price List).
2.2. Cash Services
2.3. Passenger Services – Fees and Charges
2.4. Passenger Services – General
3. ACCOUNT SERVICES
3.1. Bookings and Charges
- 3.1.1. Prior to making any Booking for Account Services, the Customer must first open an Account with the Company.
- 3.1.2. When making any Booking for Account Services, the Customer must quote its Customer Account Number. If the Customer fails to do so, the Company shall not be obliged to perform the Account Services.
- 3.1.3. The Company shall be entitled to assume that any Booking made in accordance with this clause 3.1 is duly authorised by the Customer and the Customer shall be liable in respect of all Charges relating thereto.
- 3.1.4. In consideration of performance of the Account Services, the Customer shall pay the Charges, the administration fee and any applicable VAT (without set off or deduction), as invoiced by the Company, within 30 days of the date of an invoice (the “Due Date”).
- 3.1.5. Payment shall be made by direct debit (which is the Company’s preference) or alternatively by cheque, telegraphic transfer or BACS to such bank account as the Company shall notify the Customer.
- 3.1.6. The Company shall be entitled to charge an administration fee of up to 20% of the Charge unless otherwise agreed with the Customer.
- 3.1.7. The Company shall invoice the Customer each month in respect of the Account Services carried out for the Customer during the previous month or at such other intervals as may be agreed by the parties in writing. Each invoice will be accompanied by a statement detailing the Services invoiced.
- 3.1.8. In the event of non -payment of any Charges by the Due Date, the Company shall be entitled to charge and the Customer shall pay, interest at a rate of 0.5% per day on any amount outstanding until payment is made, both before and after any judgment.
- 3.1.9. The Company may, at any time, set a limit on the total credit given and due by any Customer at any one time and the Company shall not be obliged to provide Account Services once that limit has been reached. Any such limit shall be notified to the Customer in writing by the Company.
- 3.1.10. Any dispute in respect of the Charges shall be submitted, in writing, within 7 days of receipt by the Customer of the relevant invoice.
- 3.1.11. When an Account is terminated, by any means whatsoever, the Customer shall pay to the Company all outstanding Charges which are owed to the Company as at the date of termination.
- 4.1. Where the Company has quoted a price, the quoted price shall be valid for 24 hours only or such other time as the Company may specify from time to time.
- 4.2. A maximum time of 30 minutes for normal bookings and 60 minutes for airport/port bookings will be allocated, after which time non-contact with Customer will classify the booking to be a “no-show”. For the purpose hereof, a “No-show” is defined as an event whereby a Customer (a) in case of address collection, fails to meet the driver on the agreed pick-up time at the agreed pick-up point; or (b) in case of airport/port collection, fails to meet the driver in the arrival hall within the allocated time.
- 4.3. The Company uses Google Maps to improve the Website user experience for our Customers. However, the Company does not assume any responsibility for the maps accuracy, distance or time displayed by Google Maps. This is a third party service. If the Customer wants to know the exact distance, the average time of a journey or other information displayed by Google Maps, they should call our Customer Service team on +44 (0)1708788888 or email the Company at [email protected] at the time and date of the booking.
- 4.4. The Company is committed to protecting the privacy of its Customers. The Company will only use the information that it collects about the Customers lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). Information is collected for two reasons: first, to process the reservation, and second, to provide the Customer with the best possible service. The Company will not send out marketing e-mail in the future unless so consented by the Customer. The Company will give the Customer the chance to refuse any marketing email from the Company or from another trader in the future. The type of information the Company will collect about the Customer includes their name, address, phone number, email address and credit/debit card details. The Company will never collect sensitive information about the Customer without their explicit consent. The information held by the Company will be accurate and up to date. The Customer will be able to check the information held by the Company by emailing the same. If the Customer finds any inaccuracies, the Company will delete or correct it promptly. If the Company intends to transfer the Customer’s information outside the EEA (European Economic Area), the Company will always obtain the Customer’s consent first.
5. GENERALThe following clauses apply to all Passenger Services including Account Services.
- 5.1. These Terms shall be incorporated and form part of all Contracts for the provision of the Services by the Company to the Customer.
- 5.2. Each party acknowledges that it is not relying on any statements, warranties or representations given or made by the other whether actual or implied by common law or under statute in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and that it shall have no rights or remedies with respect to such subject matter otherwise than under the relevant Contract.
- 5.3. No delay or omission by either party in exercising in whole or in part any right, power or remedy provided by law or under the Contract shall:
- 5.3.1. Affect that right, power or remedy; or
- 5.3.2. Operate as a waiver of it.
- 5.4. The Customer agrees to indemnify and keep the Company fully indemnified from and against any direct and indirect losses, claims, expenses, damages or liability whatsoever incurred or suffered by the Company as a result of the negligence, acts or omissions or default under the Contract by the Customer, or any Passengers, employees, agents or subcontractors.
- 5.5. The Customer shall be liable for any damage caused by Passengers to any Passenger Vehicle.
- 5.6. Subject to the following provisions of this clause 4, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence, or that of its servants or agents, the Company’s liability to the Customer for loss and/or damage caused by the negligence of the Company and/or its servants or agents, or otherwise which arises out of or in connection with the provision of the Services or their use by the Customer shall be limited as follows:
- 5.6.1. In relation to the Services generally, the Company’s liability shall not exceed £150;
- 5.6.2. In the case of lost or damaged Goods (including where relevant luggage of Customers travelling in Passenger Vehicles), the Company’s liability shall not exceed £150 unless the Customer has notified the Company that the Goods have a value in excess of £150 and the Company has agreed in writing to be responsible for the repair or replacement of the Goods up to a greater value and the Customer shall indemnify the Company against any Passenger claiming sums in excess of such limits.
- 5.7. To the extent permitted by law, the Company shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for the acts or omissions of any sub-contractors to whom the Company sub-contracts the Services to in accordance with clause 4.16. The Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that it only sub-contracts the Services to such third parties that have at least the minimum insurance cover required in the third party’s country of operation. If the Company is aware that a third party does not have a level of insurance coverage which the Company would expect, the Company reserves the right to request that the Customer signs a standard form disclaimer and acknowledgement in respect of the same.
- 5.8. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss of anticipated savings, business revenues, or profits whether categorised as direct or indirect or any indirect, special or consequential loss (including losses arising from business interruption, wasted management time, loss of goodwill, data and all other such loss whether or not arising in the normal course of business).
- 5.9. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Company’s obligations under the Contract if the delay or failure was due to any circumstances or cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- 5.10. The Company shall, in any event, have no liability in respect of any claim, howsoever arising, that is not notified to the Company by the Customer, in writing, with sufficient particularity, to identify the nature and the quantum of the claim within seven days of the occurrence of the circumstances giving rise to the claim.
- 5.11. The Customer acknowledges that the limitations on the Company’s liability as set out in this clause 4 are fair and reasonable in the circumstances having been taken into account and reflected in the level of the Charges.
- 5.12. Any complaints relating to the Services shall be addressed to the Company and made in writing within 7 days of the event giving rise to the complaint.
- 5.13. Termination of this Contract shall be without prejudice to any rights and/or obligations of the Company and/or the Customer accruing prior to the date of such termination.
- 5.14. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Terms, shall be in writing and may be given personally or sent by fax or by prepaid registered post to the other party at its registered office or principal place or business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified as that party’s address for service. Any notice sent by facsimile shall, in the case of a facsimile sent before 5.30 pm on a Business Day, be deemed served on receipt of a successful transmission notice and, in the case of a facsimile sent after 5.30 pm on a Business Day, at 10 am on the next following Business Day. Any notice served by registered post shall be deemed served 48 hours after posting to an address in the United Kingdom or 5 Business Days after posting to an address outside the United Kingdom. In proving the service of any notice it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a registered post letter to provide proof of delivery and, in the case of a facsimile, that such a facsimile was duly despatched to a current fax number of the addressee by providing a confirmation of fax dispatch report.
- 5.15. A person who is not a party to any Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- 5.16. If any provision of these Terms, which is not of a fundamental nature, is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such part, term or provision shall be deemed deleted from these Terms and the remainder shall not be affected. Should the foregoing apply the parties shall use all reasonable endeavours to agree upon any lawful and reasonable changes to these Terms which may be necessary in order to effect, as close as possible, to give effect to the commercial intent of these Terms.
- 5.17. The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time upon written notice to the Customer. Notice of non-material amendments to these Terms shall be posted on the Company’s website.
- 5.18. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- 5.19. The use by the Customer of the Company’s website is also governed by the Website Acceptable Use Policy. It is advisable that the Customer takes the time to read these, as they include important terms and conditions which apply to the Customer for any services provided by the Company.